Monday, August 10, 2009

While searching through grandma Leva's sea of Treasures...

I came across this wonderful old book!
Ted Malones Scrapbook
1941
It is cleverly dedicated to all the people in the World who
have never had a book dedicated to them!
(that would include me)
This is a very sweet entry therein...
WHIMSICAL LAMENT
I was scrubbing pots and pans,
My locks all quite awry,
Grimy smock (Oh smutty hands!)
Wild soapsuds in my eye,
When my sweetheart (God knows why
But that's the way it goes)
Chose to be just passing by,
And tweaked my sooty nose!
So i knotted my hair low
With my most fetching twist,
Rubbed my cheeks into a glow,
Dressed me in sapphire mist.
Then i sought and old-time tryst,
And, looking very fair,
I sat waiting to be kissed-
But no one saw me there.
Frances Evans Cole.

1 comment:

  1. awww...how cute.

    You are the seeker of lost treasure girl. Wish I had the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete