Monday, June 8, 2009

I LOVE ME MY LIL' STICKY FINGER KIDS!














I FIND MYSELF POUTING A LOT LATELY ABOUT HOW I NEVER HAVE TIME
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE AND MY HOBBIES.... MY LIFE IS PERPETUAL MESS CLEANING AND
MY HOUSE STILL LOOKS LIKE CRUD!!!! THEN I READ ONE OF MY FAVORITE BLOGS TODAY AND FOUND THIS POEM ...IT GAVE ME SUCH RELIEF BECAUSE THERE IS THIS CONSTANT BATTLE IN MY HEAD ABOUT KEEPING A HOME WORTHY OF THE PAGES OF BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS OR JUST ENJOYING MY CHILDREN AND TAKING THE TIME TO WATCH THEM GROW AND LEARN....AND PLAYING WITH THEM
MORE OFTEN!!!

Excuse This House

"Some houses try to hide the fact
that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly,
the signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
little smudges on the door,
I should apologize I guess
for the toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children
and we laughed and played and read.
And if the doorbell doesn't shine,
their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to
choose the one job or the other,
I want to be a housekeeper,
but first I'll be a Mother."
Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment